Purpose of the Role
The caretaker will ensure that the centre is maintained in an appropriate manner and will provide a key part of the support structure for the activities on offer at the centre.
· A candidate with grade 10 to 12 or ABET level 4 qualification
· Preferably a young physically fit person with technical skills with an interest in developing a career in centre management, working with other youth.
• Experience of caretaking of premises and buildings.
• Practical DIY skills for minor repairs
· Knowledge /experience in catering will be an added advantage
• Managerial experience or supervisory experience will be an added advantage
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Candidate will be required to stay at the Centre
(a) Drawing to the attention of the appropriate authorities, any repair or maintenance work required at the centre which is beyond the caretaking staff.
(b) Carry out minor or temporary repairs.
(c) Carrying out routine maintenance procedures and inspection of ancillary equipment such as checking borehole pumps and irrigation system.
(d) Ensure garden and centre grounds are well maintained
· Liaise with participants and visitors to ensure their requirements are met.
A six months contract which terminates December 2014.
Please send your CV’s accompanied with motivational letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or Post: Attention Mr Nhlanhla Radebe, P O Box 27, Aliwal North, 9750
Latest news >